Over 30,000 licensed real estate brokers work in Singapore. With so many agents to choose from, it may be difficult to choose one who best meets your needs. We’ll be sure to get referrals for a property agent from our friends and families.
However, just because that property agent has assisted someone you know does not indicate they would be the perfect property agent for you. Read the following article to learn everything you need to know about choosing a suitable Resale Property Agent.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Purchasing a Resale Property
A resale home is an excellent choice for those who want to reside in locations with established infrastructure or value locations.
It is possible to move into a home that has already been built, avoiding the inconveniences of waiting for development to complete. Here are the advantages and disadvantages of Purchasing a Resale Property that homebuyers must know:
The Advantages of Purchasing a Resale Property
- You get the opportunity to visit the property yourself and make an informed decision based on your knowledge of what you’re getting into, ensuring that there are no unpleasant surprises at the end.
- Shorter waiting time for your keys to be ready.
The Disadvantages of Purchasing a Resale Property
- The house you’re buying may be ancient and in need of significant repairs and remodelling.
- Many sellers anticipate receiving a portion of their money in cash.
Tips to Find the Right Resale Property Agent in Singapore
After deciding to hire a sales agent to assist you with the sale of your house or the search for a new home, it is critical to ask the necessary questions to verify that you are hiring a strong and reliable representative. We will cover everything you need to know and ask before appointing any specific Resale Property Agent in this article.
Verify their License
It makes no difference how good someone claims to be at concluding property deals if they are not registered with CEA as a property agent.
There are thousands of property agents in Singapore, don’t assume that yours is one of them.
Give yourself peace of mind by checking CEA’s Public Register online and confirming that they are not working unlawfully or suspended for disciplinary reasons.
This is CEA’s most recent endeavour to assist customers in making better-informed decisions by providing verified records of each agent and their experience in concluding home transactions.
After you’ve completed your research, it’s time to meet with the Resale Property Agent and ask yourself the following critical questions. The answers to these questions will not only offer you a better knowledge of what they can do for you, but they will also help you decide on a suitable commission rate.
- An Experiential Resale Property Agent works in local markets daily and can provide the kind of nuanced information and guidance that online real estate searches are unlikely to provide. Agents can provide vital assistance in a variety of ways, including the following:
- Forecasting trends: A skilled Resale Property Agent is adept at identifying and even forecasting trends. They can inform you of which neighbourhoods are experiencing growth or decline and why. If you are not in a hurry to buy or sell, they can advise you on whether to act and when to wait.
- Knowledgeable referrals: Purchasing or selling a property often entails the collaboration of vendors, including mortgage lenders, title agencies, home inspectors, appraisers, general contractors, and pest inspectors. Agents with experience understand who to trust and who to avoid.
- Community connections: If one of the area’s companies expands or reduces its workforce, they are aware of the implications for the market. If someone is advocating for a zoning adjustment that will affect communities, they frequently can inform you before it makes the news.
Before contacting a Resale Property Agent, you should probably conduct some research to determine the appropriate balance between your willingness to pay, the market rate commission, and the rate for a competent agent.
There will always be agents who are more expensive and less expensive. It all depends on your objective; therefore, it is essential to inquire directly about your agent’s commission structure.
Different properties and purchasing motivations dictate how much and how soon you can buy your house. It you want to own a property in Sengkang and Punggol, you might buy one by yourself. However, an agent’s knowledge and network connection may be advantageous and help you purchase it faster.
If you need to buy a property quickly or obtain the most excellent offer possible, a Resale Property Agent may be ideal. We hope this article answers everything you need to know about selecting an appropriate Resale Property Agent in Singapore.
Yuna Lim/NOW HOMES is dedicated to exceeding our clients’ expectations throughout the selling and buying process. We’ve built up a large network of contacts in the market over the last 15 years. We don’t just sell real estate to all of our clients; we also build trust and a long-term relationship with the client. NOW HOMES is always available to discuss how to sell property in Singapore.